Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. has an established tradition of rewarding students who have the intellect and desire to pursue a higher education. In 2019, the Alpha Nu Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. will support the academic efforts of our youth by awarding scholarships to area high school male seniors.
Our perpetual scholarships are targeted toward, but not limited to students of color who have demonstrated scholarly endeavors, citizenship and commitment to serving humanity. The selection process is also sensitive to students with financial need.
The award is $1,000 per academic year and will be disbursed prior to the beginning of fall semester. The scholarship is not intended to pay a student’s entire tuition, but to help lessen the student’s financial burden.
We look forward to receiving those applications from students who aspire to challenge their minds at an institution of higher learning.
Applicant must be a college bound male senior graduating this year (2019) from a high school within Alameda, Contra Costa, and San Francisco counties.
The successful applicant must show proof of enrollment in a four-year accredited college or university for the 2019-2020 academic year prior to the funds being released.
Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
Applicant understands that submission of this application does not guarantee award and that all scholarship finalists will be notified no later than May 1, 2019. Also, scholarship recipients are REQUIRED to attend the San Francisco Bay Area National Pan-Hellenic Council Scholarship program held on June 5, 2019. Failure to attend may result in forfeiture of scholarship.
Additionally, recipient must complete an academic verification form that allows the organization to confirm academic standing (current college students).
Application Requirements (Applicant may use this area as a checklist.)
- Submit Parts I, II, III, V, and VI
- Submit Part IV- the essay
- Submit your most recent OFFICIAL transcript:
- Transcript must include 9th grade through 1st semester of your senior year. Include SAT/ACT scores.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or principal.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a community member (faith-based leader, volunteer coordinator, etc.)
- Submit a recent photograph
The recipient is eligible to receive the scholarship annually for four years provided that he:
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Continue in a course of study at a four-year accredited college or university
- Is unaffiliated with any other NPHC, IFC, or NALFO fraternities.
All application materials must be submitted to email@example.com no later than April 1, 2019. Any questions regarding the application process may be directed to the Alpha Nu Sigma Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only finalists will be contacted to participate in the interview process. Interviews will be held on May 7, 2019 at 10am.
2/16/19 12:00 AM PST
4/1/19 11:59 PM PST
African American/Black, Latino
U.S. Citizen living within Alameda, Contra Costa, and San Francisco counties
High School Senior